dinsdag 1 januari 2013

RAPTURE

THE FALLEN SERIES #4 : RAPTURE

 
The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

REVIEW : (SPOILER ALERT)
Rapture is the conclusion to the fallen series. And I have to tell you one thing, IT'S SO FRIGGIN AWESOME.  It really is worth getting through Torment to get to this.
I loved the way everything worked towards an apocalypse kind of ending.
Lucifer played a bigger role in this book, which I think was necessary. Until now the main characters were fighting an invisible force and the outcast's were only the enemy's for there own plan.
The way that the outcast's blossom (I think I can say Literally) is another factor that made this book so great. I got goosebumps when Luce made the Throne give them there wings and eyeside and beauty back.
And the Throne, the notorious Throne, I laughed out loud and said "Sooo god IS a woman" when SHE came . (a scene from gilmore girls sprang into my mind.
Emily to Richard: You were on the phone?
Richard: Long distance
Lorelai: God?
Richard: London
Lorelai: God lives in Lodon?
Richard: No my mother lives in London
Lorelai: Your mother is god? Sooo god IS a woman and a relative, that's so cool I'm gonna totally ask for favors.
Richard to Rory: Please make her stop
Rory: Oh I wish that I could)
I still don't understand why Luce and Daniel would not side with the Throne, they can still have their love when they are in heaven, right? But I still love the end.
The end reminded me a little of the ending from Goddess of Light (by P.C Cast) but in this book I liked the ending, especially when you get to the point where the older versions of Shelby and Miles and Roland and Arriane watch them.

So if you've stopped reading after torment or passion, go out and read Rapture because you don't want to miss the ending.
I gave this book 5 roses

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten